Kalibrieren

Hallo,
ich habe mal testweise die Taktrate wieder auf 600mhz hochgenommen und kühle mir den Teensy mit einem kleinen 24v Radiallüfter. Dabei bleibt er bei maximal 45 Grad (Kalt) kommt auch auf die Aussentemperatur an. Ohne lüfter geht er schnell mal in Richtung 60 Grad, ich weiß halt nicht was er so aushält auf dauer ohne die Haltbarkeit zu verkürzen!?

Aber was ich eigentl. sagen wollte ist das ich momentan keine Probleme mit der MPU (IMU) habe. Keine Abstürze oder Probleme. er läuft sehr gut. sollte es wirklich an der Taktrate gelegen haben!?

Hello, As a test, I increased the clock speed back to 600mhz and cooled the Teensy with a small 24v radial fan. It stays at a maximum of 45 degrees (cold), depending on the outside temperature. Without a fan it quickly goes towards 60 degrees, I just don't know what it can withstand in the long run without shortening its durability!?

But what I actually... What I wanted to say is that I don't have any problems with the MPU (IMU) at the moment. No crashes or problems. it runs very well. Should it really have been due to the clock speed!?

Was ich noch fragen wollte, funktioniert denn bei euch der Start aus der Ladestation Reibungslos!? Also ich kann ihn nicht automatisch starten lassen, dann bekomme ich immer eine Errormeldung und muss ihn erneut manuell starten.
Hineinfahren klappt super momentan.

Another thing I wanted to ask is, does starting from the charging station work smoothly for you!? So I can't let it start automatically, then I always get an error message and have to start it manually again. Driving in is working great at the moment.

Was ich noch fragen wollte, funktioniert denn bei euch der Start aus der Ladestation Reibungslos!? Also ich kann ihn nicht automatisch starten lassen, dann bekomme ich immer eine Errormeldung und muss ihn erneut manuell starten.
Hineinfahren klappt super momentan.

Another thing I wanted to ask is, does starting from the charging station work smoothly for you!? So I can't let it start automatically, then I always get an error message and have to start it manually again. Driving in is working great at the moment.
Normally no issue to start from station(Button,arduremote or timer)
BUT.
If mower don't have WIFI ,it's possible (according your sender setup) that sender don't start.
Into esp32 sender firmware you have one option to always start if mower is not docking

You can easily see that in the console
Robot need to wait 2 or 3 second in the station ,then reverse , roll 45 degrees and read perimeter signal ,IF no signal it's error and stop.

OK, very good, that can also be a good thing, so I rarely have WiFi in the garden. only when I'm outside too.
This means that the mower and the transmitter usually run in access point mode. But I have to check how long it takes the transmitter to switch from charging mode to wire mode. The mower drives comfortably backwards 2m out of the station, but there probably isn't enough time to switch the wire.

Another question immediately comes to mind: shouldn't the mower stop as soon as there is no more power on the line!? I tested it and it then starts looking for the wire and rotates and tests where it could be. Couldn't that go wrong if he drives somewhere he shouldn't be!?

usually run in access point mode.
Not exactly. (no need WIFI on mower or sender if you have only one mowing perimeter area)
Sender know when mower is in the station using The INA226 current sensor (The LED on the Power PCB is used for that).
So if mower is in station signal is stop and if mower is not in station signal is ON.

shouldn't the mower stop as soon as there is no more power on the line!?
You need to setup correctly the perimeter
It's mini smag value

Yes, exactly.
I have set the mini smag value. Remove the transmitter so that there is no longer any signal. I have about 30 smag and I add 20 or 30 to that and we get to 50 to 60. Well, I'll test that further. Furthermore,

I worked on the station again yesterday evening and looked for the problem with the error message after the start. It's definitely the perimeter signal, it takes about plus minus 10 seconds to start up, but by that time the mower is already outside and looking for the signal. But he can't find any. Where could I insert a short break in the mower when it starts. So he would probably have to move back 10 to 15 cm from the station so that the signal starts and take a short break before continuing to reverse. or when he is at his target position when driving out he waits a moment before looking for the signal!?

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in Stefan's sketch channel on how I could shorten it.

Ja genau, ich habe den mini Smagwert eingestellt. Sender Abziehen so das kein Signal mehr kommt. Da habe ich so ungefähr 30 Smag und da rechne ich noch 20 oder 30 dazu kommen wir auf 50 bos 60. Na ich werde das noch weiter testen.

Desweiteren habe ich mich gestern Abend nochmal mit der Station beschäftigt und das problem mit der Fehlermeldung nach dem Start gesucht. Es ist definitiv das Perimeter Signal, es benötigt ungefähr plus minus 10 Sekunden um hochzufahren, in der zeit ist der Mäher aber schon draußen und sucht das Signal. Aber findet keines. Wo könnte ich denn eine kleine pause einfügen bzw. Einstellen im Mäher wenn er startet. Also wahrscheinlich müsste er 10 bis 15 cm zurücksetzten von der station damit die das Signal Startet und eine kleine Pause Machen, bevor er weiter Rückwärts fährt. oder wenn er an seiner Zielposition ist beim Rausfahren noch kurz wartet bevor er das Signal sucht!?

Ich habe im Sender sketch von Stefan leider nichts gefunden wie ich das verkürzen könnte.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in Stefan's sketch channel on how I could shorten it.
I don't use the stefan code on sender and i hope that his new improvement don't kill my other wifi dev.
10 secondes delay is strange.

In all case you have a state name STARTSTATION into robot.cpp
Actually mower send the start sender over wifi and wait 6 secondes before reverse
MaxStateDuration = 6000; // 6 secondes beep and pause before rev
You can try with MaxStateDuration = 15000
to wait 15 secondes.

But if you don't have WIFI (sender only start when mower leave station , so in this case the delay change nothing in your issue)

So you can try to reduce the reverse speed in the station_rev code by replacing:
motorLeftSpeedRpmSet = motorRightSpeedRpmSet = -motorSpeedMaxRpm / 2 ;
By:
motorLeftSpeedRpmSet = motorRightSpeedRpmSet = -motorSpeedMaxRpm / 5;

Code:
case STATE_START_FROM_STATION: //when start in auto mode the mower first initialize the IMU and perimeter sender
      motorSpeedMaxPwm = motorInitialSpeedMaxPwm ;
      motorMowEnable = false; //mow motor start later when leave the perimeter wire
      nextTimeToDmpAutoCalibration = millis() + delayBetweenTwoDmpAutocalib * 1000; //set the next time for calib
      //readDHT22();
      ShowMessageln("Start sender1");
      line01 = "#SENDER," + area1_ip + ",A1";
      Bluetooth.println(line01);
      ShowMessageln("Stop sender2");
      line01 = "#SENDER," + area2_ip + ",B0";
      ShowMessageln("Stop sender3");
      line01 = "#SENDER," + area3_ip + ",B0";
      setBeeper(600, 40, 5, 500, 0 );
      MaxStateDuration = 6000; // 6 secondes beep and pause before rev
      break;

case STATE_STATION_REV: //when start in auto mode the mower first reverse to leave the station
      statusCurr = TRACK_TO_START;
      if (RaspberryPIUse) MyRpi.SendStatusToPi();
      UseAccelLeft = 1;
      UseBrakeLeft = 1;
      UseAccelRight = 1;
      UseBrakeRight = 1;
      motorLeftSpeedRpmSet = motorRightSpeedRpmSet = -motorSpeedMaxRpm / 2 ;
      stateEndOdometryRight = odometryRight - (odometryTicksPerCm * stationRevDist);
      stateEndOdometryLeft = odometryLeft - (odometryTicksPerCm * stationRevDist);
      OdoRampCompute();
      break;

Great, thank you very much for the tips Bernard, I will definitely try that. I hope that for you too.🙈

Couldn't the mower also connect to the transmitter even if the transmitter is in access point mode!?

Last edited:
Couldn't the mower also connect to the transmitter even if the transmitter is in access point mode!
I never test this feature,But maybe it's possible to setup mower as access point (see into ESP32_RFID_mqtt) and connect all your sender to mower.

Bernard you are great.
That helped, but only the thing about slowly reversing.
The other one works, but unfortunately it doesn't help because he takes the break directly at the charging station.
Wonderfully one thing cleared up again👌😉

Bernard du bist Großartig.
Das hatt geholfen, aber nur das mit dem langsam rückwärts fahren.
Das andere Funktioniert zwar aber da er die Pause direkt an der Ladestation macht, bringt das leider nichts.
Wunderbar wieder ein Sache geklärt👌😉

I don't understand the 10s delay.
Can you share your sender code.And make a small video of the screen sender startup phase and mower leaving station.

For min SMAG value ,you can set 200 or more according the biggest value you can read in the middle area as far as possible from the wire.

Of course I'll make a video.

The Software is Here:

Is the delay perhaps due to the more than 350m of cable that I have laid in the garden!?

Ok 200 smag more!? Also very interesting, I will adapt that.
But at the moment it works quite well with 30 smag more. As soon as I unplug it, it searches for a moment but then immediately malfunctions. very fine!

No, I have a maximum of 8000 in the mag range.

As far as I know, if the transmitter doesn't find a suitable WiFi when starting, it goes into access point mode.

He had a few problems again today with finding and tracking the cable, that needs to be checked again. He is too rough when searching and turning!?
as seen in the videos.

Attachments

Scheinbar liegt es an den Einstellungen vom Perimeter-Sender.
Es gibt mehrere Zustände:
Mäher ist in der Station und läd (Strom ist hoch - Perimeter ist ausgeschaltet)
Mäher ist in der Station, voll geladen (Strom ist gering - Perimeter ist ausgeschalter)
Mäher ist nicht in der Station (Strom ist sehr gering - Perimeter ist eingeschaltet)

Diese Ströme müssen eingestellt werden!
Wie hoch ist die Spannung am Sender eingestellt? Der Strom ist scheinbar zu gering - Daher vielleicht auch der geringe SMAG. Max SMAG muss genau eingestellt werden damit der Mäher auch gut auf dem Draht fährt. Im 1. Video ist MAX SMAG auf 8500 und der Mäher empfängt nur 5000.

Ich glaube das sollte passen, ich habe mal ein Screenshot gemacht ich habe eigentl. Alles ganz gut eingestellt.

Ok das weiß ich garnicht auf Anhieb ich glaube es läuft mit 9v.

Ich habe die inas aber nicht mit 0.02 sondern mit 0.011 eingetragen, da ich somit ziemlich genaue Werte bekomme im Vergleich zu. Multimeter. Sie passen sehr gut überein und mit 0.02 bekomme ich auch keine vernünftigen perimeter Ströme, sodas er immer denkt das Kabel Ist durchtrennt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_191331_ArduRemote.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_191331_ArduRemote.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240515_191315_ArduRemote.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_191315_ArduRemote.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 2
float ChargeThreshold = 10.0; // in mA. If the Chargecurrent is below this value, at the Display shows "0mA"
// At first set to 0 to see your personal current at the states (mower in station, fully charged / mower not in station)

//This value should be near at the lowest valuer you could read at the console.
float PeriOnOffThreshold = 2.0; // if ChargeCurrent is below this value, the perimeterloop starts working

Das Multimeter zeigt keine brauchbaren ströme, da hier kein vernünftiger Gleichstrom fließt, auch kein Sinusförmiger Wechselstrom. 9V sollten aber passen.

Die Genauigkeit ist bei den INAs nicht sehr gut, bei den 10milliOhm varianten sogar recht bescheiden.
Entscheidend ist die Einstellung wann der Sender Ein- und Ausgeschaltet wird.

PERI_CURRENT_MIN hast du scheinbar eingestellt.

Ja ich weiß schon, ich habe mich aber an dem Ladestrom des Akkus orientiert und dieser Wert scheint zumindest beim Akku super zu passen. Und da ja alle inas gleich sind mit 010ohm müsste dieser Wert ja dort auch passen dachte ich🙈😉☝️

Das kuriose ist, wenn ich "Wire" fahren lasse läuft er wunderbar auf dem Draht. Nur manchmal macht er solche zicken und schwingt sich so auf. Wenn er "back to station" soll.

Back